(1) What you think the quote means?
(2) Why do you think I wrote this quote in your particular book?
I would then like everyone else to then comment on why they believe I put that quote in the other people's book. In other words, do you agree with the person's assessment of their answer to question #2?
This assignment is due by Sunday night. You will also need to do the "60 Minutes" assignment and "The Amazing Race" assignments this week, due Monday. I will put up the postings for them on Sunday. I will also be putting up another couple of postings, so keep an eye out. I will send out an email every time I post.
By the way, I appreciate you reminding me about the vocabulary quiz, but I completely forgot to give you the next list! Geez, I really dropped the vocabulary ball today! I will read you all the words on Monday for pronunciation (no, we won't have HF class at lunch, but I'll see you all anyway). The sentences will be due on Thursday (with the quiz on Friday), as usual. If you'd like to get a head start, here are the words:
1. Abduct -- to kidnap
2. Bide -- to wait
3. Derelict -- run down
4. Fecund -- fertile
5. Wax -- increase in size or degree
6. Wane -- decrease in size or degree
7. Unique -- the only one of its kind
8. Travesty -- inferior imitation
9. Sycophant -- self-serving flatterer
10. Surmise -- to guess
11. Steadfast -- unchanging
12. Refrain -- to hold back
13. Quaint -- old-fashioned
14. Odious -- hateful, repugnant, offensive
15. Oration -- dignified and formal speech
Oh, did I forget to mention? You've all done such a good job with the vocab words lately that we're now going to 15 words per week. Have a nice weekend. :)