The woman was very happy with her chosen VOCATION. (noun)
I would like you, before you post your sentences, to keep in mind what Ms. Cybulski talked about when she came to class. Make sure that you have a noun and a verb and that your sentences make grammatical sense.
We will have our quiz on the last list on Wednesday (along with the Socratic Seminar on the first chapter of our book), with sentences for these new words due on Thursday, and the quiz on Friday.
You are, as always, required to do the "60 Minutes" assignment and the "Amazing Race" assignment. Everyone except Randy (no HBO) is responsible for watching "The Pacific" and commenting. The due dates for everything, as always, can also be found on SnapGrades.
The new words are:
1. Baleful – threatening, harmful
2. Cajole – to urge, coax
3. Cavity – a hole
4. Compliment – an expression of approval
5. Delude – to mislead
6. Envious – jealous
7. Familial – relating to family
8. Fetter – to chain, shackle, restrain
9. Henchman – trusted follower
10. Hierarchy – system to rank groups or individuals
11. Exigent – urgent, critical
12. Vicissitudes – unexpected changes and shifts
13. Recalibrate – re-adjust
14. Tranquil – peaceful, calm
15. Portly – chubby, fat