Democratic Party Philosophy
1. The Government should tax the rich at higher rates to even the divide and help the poor.
2. Government should NOT interfere with personal decisions (like abortion or gay marriage).
3. Government has an obligation/responsibility to help those in need.
4. Government should regulate (control) business. Example: make sure workers get paid a minimum wage.
Republican Party Philosophy
1. Taxes should be cut or eliminated because each person should keep most of their own money.
2. Religion should influence laws about personal decisions.
3. Individuals should, for the most part, be responsible for helping themselves.
4. Government should, for the most part, not interfere with business or the free-market.